What is Asterisk
Asterisk is a free and open source framework for building communications applications.
Asterisk turns an ordinary computer into a communications server. Asterisk powers IP PBX systems, VoIP gateways, conference servers, fax over IP solutions and is used by small businesses, large businesses, call centers, carriers and governments worldwide.
Why We Like It
Asterisk provides many useful features, including support for creating new functionality beyond that of a typical PBX system. Interfacing with databases, external applications, remote gateways and more is possible. Extending Asterisk to this level of functionality can require custom programming, which is where Safe Data Technologes shines.
Custom written Asterisk Gateway Interface (AGI) scripts and dial plan modifications can support tasks based on user input, and we have the programming professionals you need to create such a system.
Whether implemented as a dial plan, a custom AGI script, or as a module, we can create a solution for you. Some of our prior solutions include:
- System Setup & Configuration (SIP, T1-PRI, IAX Trunks)
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Customized voicemail solutions (enhancements and custom AGI solutions)
- Asterisk Gateway Interface (AGI) scripts with database access to MySQL, SQL Server, DB2
- CRM Integration with screen popups and outbound dialing
- Call Detail Record (CDR) tie-in to database and third party systems
- Third-party recording and verification systems
- HTTP Callback procedures during and after incoming and outgoing calls
- Integration with custom developed web applications for management, reporting and software services
- Fax Over IP (FoIP) using T.38, G.711 - fax to email, email to fax
- Real-time Pharmacy prescription refill system IVR & third party application tie-in
- Multi-tenant / virtualized office PBX
- Asterisk multi-party video conferencing, recording and web streaming
- Custom call routing and geographic call routing solutions
- SMS inbound/outbound marketing tools